JAVA is a high level programming language originally developed by Sun Micro-systems and released in 1995. The language inherit much of its functions from C and C++ but has a simpler object model and fewer low-level facilities. Java applications are typically compiled to byte code that can run on any kind Java virtual machine (JVM) regardless of computer architecture.
The Microsoft .NET Framework is a software technology that run on the Microsoft operating systems. The main purpose of the .NET Framework is to develop the windows, web and mobile services. It contains a huge library of pre-defined solutions to common programming problems and a virtual machine that manages the execution of programs written specifically for the framework.
Basic comparison between JAVA and DOT NET technology
- Java is developed by the Sun Micro-system whereas Dot Net Framework is developed by Microsoft Corporation.
- Java supports connected architecture but Dot Net supports disconnected architecture.
- Java is platform independent (Programs written in java runs on any Operating system). but .Net program can run on windows Operating systems only.
- Java is best choice for open Choice software development. Dot Net is also free but its official development IDE(Microsoft Visual Studio)is paid.
- Development in Java is slower as compare to Microsoft visual Studio development.
- Java application development can be done on less configuration system. but in Dot Net we need a high configuration system.
- Java is only limited to java. But Dot net communicates with many 36 different languages. like C, C++ C#, VB etc…
Difference between Java and Dot net Framework. What is dot Net Framework and What is Java. How java differ from Dot Net.